Brown Butter Banana Shooter
What you need
How to prepare
- Melt butter in a large skillet, swirling frequently until butter begins to brown and takes on a nutty aroma.
- Sprinkle in brown sugar and granulated sugar, swirling pan gently so sugar begins to melt and caramelize. Next, stir in mashed banana and heavy whipping cream. Reduce heat to low and cook for about 5 minutes
- Remove from heat, season with freshly grated nutmeg. Set aside to cool completely before blending until smooth. Mixture will keep for about 5 days in the fridge.
- To assemble shots, place ¼ cup (60 mL) of banana caramel in a glass and stir in hot coffee.
- Pour in 4 shot glasses. Garnish each glass with whipped cream, a sprinkling of crushed vanilla wafer cookies, and a banana chip.
- Serve and enjoy.