Gingerbread Oat Milk Latte
What you need
How to prepare
- Soak 1 cup (250 mL) rolled oats in 4 cups (1 L) filtered water for at least 1 hour or up to overnight.
- Mix oat mixture and 1 tsp (5 mL) vanilla in high-speed blender on high for about 1 minute or until thickened.
- Strain through nut milk bag or cheesecloth, squeezing out milk from oats. TIP: Can be covered and refrigerated in airtight container for up to 1 week. OR alternatively you can buy oat milk if you do not want to make your own
- In small saucepan, heat Oat Milk over medium-low heat, stirring often, for 3 to 5 minutes or until starting to simmer.
- Stir in maple syrup and Gingerbread Spice Mix.
- Whisk with frother or hand blender until frothy.
Gingerbread Spice Mix:
- Combine 2 tbsp (30 mL) ground ginger, 4 tsp (20 mL) ground cinnamon, 1 tsp (5 mL) ground nutmeg, 1/2 tsp (2 mL) each ground cloves and allspice, and pinch of cayenne pepper.
- Divide espresso between 2 mugs.
- Pour frothed oat milk mixture over top.
- Sprinkle with pinch of Gingerbread Spice Mix.