Smoked Sea Salt Float
What you need
How to prepare
Cold Brew Concentrate:
- Cover the top of a large mason jar with the cheesecloth.
- Pour ground coffee into the cheesecloth so it’s suspended in the jar.
- Fill jar with water so coffee is submerged. Put top on jar and steep at room temperature for 12 hours, then strain.
- Can store in an airtight jar in the fridge for up to 5 days.
Smoked Sea Salt and Vanilla Syrup
- Split the vanilla bean lengthwise, scrape the seeds using the edge of a knife, then add both the bean and the seeds to the saucepan.
- Add in all other ingredients over medium heat and cook until sugar dissolves and mixture comes to a boil. Remove from heat and let cool completely.
- Pour into a glass and store at room temperature.
Smoked Sea Salt Coffee Float
- a tall glass, combine syrup and cold brew concentrate and stir.
- Add gelato to taste, then top off with sparkling water and a sprinkle of sea salt.
- Serve and enjoy!
If vanilla beans are not available, substitute 1 tbsp. (15 mL) vanilla extract.